WhatsApp for Amazon Fire HD Free Download – I have seen many users asking “can you use WhatsApp on a Kindle Fire HD tablets?“, for all those who has this question in their minds, the answer is “Yes“. We can download WhatsApp for Kindle Fire HD 7, 8, 10 using simple method, we will discuss that procedure here.
WhatsApp is the best instant messaging app available for all the popular OS Platforms like Android, Windows, Mac OS, and iOS. With its simple and lite design, elegant user interface, security features, ability to send attachments, voice calling, video calling etc. it has become the leader of Instant messaging apps and it has set a standard for apps of its kind. It is a known fact that WhatsApp is not supported for tablet devices, and there is no limitation that we can’t install WhatsApp on tablet devices running on Android OS or Android supported OSes. Amazon Kindle Fire or Fire HD tablet is of one of the popular tablet devices available in the market, it runs on Fire OS which is a customized version of Android.
Technically to speak, different versions of Fire OS is based on different versions of Android, like the recent Fire OS 184.108.40.206 is based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop released in January, 2018. It’s next major version Fire OS 220.127.116.11 is based on Android 7.1 Nougat, so technically we can install all Android Apps on Fire OS running devices like our Amazon Kindle Fire tablets or Fire HD tablets. Here we will see how to install WhatsApp for Amazon Kindle Fire tablets.
WhatsApp for Kindle Fire HD 7, Fire HD 8, Fire HD 10
If you want to install WhatsApp on Amazon Fire HD 8, 10, you have to enable Unknown Sources option first on your Fire HD tablet. If you have already enabled, you can just skip these steps, if not please follow below steps to enable both of them.
- Press Menu icon -> then tap on Settings.
- Select Security option which is in the recent Fire OS versions (4.0+), if you are using earlier Fire OS versions, then tap on Applications.
- Now scroll down until you see Unknown Sources option. If you enable this option, you will be able to install Apps from Unknown Sources, other than Amazon App Store.
Once you have enable Unknown Sources option on your Amazon Kindle Fire HD tablet, follow below steps to Install WhatsApp for Kindle Fire HD 8, 10 tablet.
How to Install WhatsApp on Amazon Fire 7, Fire HD 8, Fire HD 10
This procedure works to install WhatsApp on Amazon Fire HD, Kindle Fire HDX, Fire HD 7, Fire HD 8, Fire HD 10, Fire HDX 7, Fire HDX 8.9, Kindle paperwhite etc. Officially WhatsApp Apk supports Android OS 2.3.3 or higher, almost all Fire OS versions were built using Android OS 2.3 or higher. So, technically we can install WhatsApp on all Amazon Kindle Fire tablets and Fire HD, Fire HDX tablets without an issue. Let’s see how to install WhatsApp on Amazon Fire tablets.
- Download latest WhatsApp apk from WhatsApp official website using the given direct link to WhatsApp site.
- Tap on Download IT Now button to start downloading WhatsApp.
- When asked for confirmation, tap on Download button again.
- Once the Download is finished, you will get an option to open the downloaded WhatsApp Apk file. Tap on Open option.
- If you have already enabled Unknown Sources option, this will take you to WhatsApp App installation screen. Tap on Install button.
- Wait until the installation is completed, and then tap on Open button once the app is installed to launch WhatsApp on Fire HD 10, 8 and Kindle Fire tablets.
Now, you have to setup WhatsApp and verify with your Phone number in-order to use it. I hope that you are already aware of the procedure to configure WhatsApp. Please let us know if you are facing issues to install WhatsApp on your Amazon Fire HD tablet in comments below.