How to Setup gDMSS Lite/iDMSS Lite App: Here we will see how to setup gDMSS Lite on Android smartphones and how to setup iDMSS Lite on iPhone/iPad. As we all know that gDMSS Lite and iDMSS Lite are remote surveillance apps for Android and iOS devices using which you can access your Dahua recorders and Dahua IP cameras on the go from your Android Smartphone. If you are looking about how to setup iDMSS Lite on your iPhone/iPad or gDMSS Lite on your Android phone then this tutorial is for you. It is very easy to setup gDMSS Lite or iDMSS Lite app to access your security cameras so that you can view the camera feed from anywhere.
Here are the prerequisites to setup gDMSS Lite app on Android and iDMSS Lite App on iPhone
Prerequisites to setup gDMSS Lite/iDMSS Lite
- Of course you need an Android Smartphone with gDMSS Lite App installed. If you are using iOS device then make sure that you have iDMSS Lite app installed on your iPhone/iPad which is available for free from Apple Store.
- You need your Camera/NVR/DVR’s Username and Password
- You need your Camera’s IP details
- Make sure that you have forwarded TCP port on router if you are accessing your cameras from internet.
Now you are ready to set up gDMSS Lite/iDMSS Lite app on your Android/iOS device. Let us see how to do that.
How to setup gDMSS Lite on Android & iDMSS Lite on iPhone/iPad
- Install gDMSS Lite App from Google Play Store, if you are an iOS user then install iDMSS Lite app on your iPhone/iPad from App Store.
- Launch the app once after the installation and tap on Camera which you will see on home screen of the app.
- Now tap on Menu icon on the top left corner of the screen.
- Then you will see list of options, in that tap on Device Manager.
- Now tap on + symbol on the top right corner to add a new device, which is your Camera/NVR/DVR.
- Now in Add device, you will see three icons, WiFi Device, Wired device and Cloud device. Tap on Wired Device.
- Now tap on IP/Domain option.
- Now you have to enter the following details:
Name of your Device
TCP Port (Default port is 37777)
Here is the Demo image with details filled.
- Once after entering all these details, tap on Start Live Preview button at the bottom of the screen. After that, this device will be added to your device list automatically.
- Now you will see the feed of the camera in gDMSS Lite/iDMSS Lite app.
Both the apps are exactly same but for different platforms. Hope that this tutorial has helped you to connect to your Security Cameras from your Smartphone using iDMSS Lite and gDMSS Lite apps. If you have any doubts, please comment us.